Carbide Coating Services in Edmonton, Alberta
Carbide coatings are most commonly used for wear resistance to abrasion, erosion, galling, cavitation and fretting. Most “carbide” films are applied by HVOF to achieve the densest and most well-bonded coatings available by thermal spray. Plasma sprayed carbide films may be selected to achieve an increased texture “as sprayed.” Some applications bring about flame spray applied coatings and a secondary fusing procedure to provide a metallurgically bonded coating.
Carbide Coatings Benefits:
- High hardness, durability and toughness
- High Bond Strengths exceeding 10,000 psi
- Long Lasting Traction Surface
- Anti-galling properties
- Can be cross hatched for oil retention and to seat hydraulic packing’s
- Is a upgrade from Hexavalent Chrome. (Hard-Chrome)
- Environmentally friendly.
Carbide Coatings Resist:
- Some Impact
- Sliding wear
Common Parts Coated with Carbide
- Shafts with Seal & Bearing Areas
- Piston Rods
- Hydraulic Rods
- Downhole Tools
- Seal Components
- Pump Cases
There are many areas where Carbides can be applied to refurbish or resist damage inflicted on parts and equipment subjected to harsh environments. Basically if it is metal, Carbide is the best alternative to make it new again and make it last much longer!
Tell us about your Carbide Coating project. If you require immediate assistance or have any questions, please call 780-483-8861 or 1-888-860-6572 to speak directly with a specialist.